Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road block


After speaking with Nicole about having a worker going to Nathan's daycare 3 mornings a week.. turns out that the daycare won't allow her to come in. But, she will hire a TA to come in and work with the worker while attending to Nathan's needs. I don't quite understand the reasoning, but apparently she had a bad experience in the past and made the decision not to allow outside workers to come in. To me, this makes no sence, Nathan's worker would be the TA. We aren't out to disrupt any programing, just to help Nathan with social queues and instructions.

Advice from the center.. find a new daycare. This sucks. I like Nathan's daycare, he's been there now for 2 seasons, its affordable for me. But, I am also completely aware that Nathan needs this help in social. This is where his holes are. I see it, and the center sees it when Nathan in his programs at the center which ends end of August. I left a message at the YMCA that was recommended and the Autism Center has worked with in the past. That really is my only hope if I am to have a worker go with Nathan to preschool. The other options I tried are way out of my pricerange and not what I am looking for.. If I do that.. I mine as well go back to work full time, and then Nathan would lose more hours of intervention.

Nothing can be done now except for wait until I hear back from the YMCA. Its also late in the season, Mid Aug.. I'm cutting time short for registrations. Hopefully there will even be a space open for him, and it's in my price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment